Your shopping cart is empty!
Despite its apparent simplicity, the windscreen washing system comprises many components and a number of mechanisms:
- Wipers. They must be of such length that they cover as much of the glass area as possible. Shrouded wipers will be indispensable in winter when there is heavy snowfall. The lever mechanism and the joints in them will not freeze. The wipers stay in working order all the time and effectively clean the whole surface of the windscreen.
- Electric actuator. It only works long and flawlessly if it is not run dry for a long time. A special bimetallic thermal fuse must be fitted to protect it from overheating.
- An electric washer system. This system is required for supplying fluid from the washer reservoir to the window. It is fitted with an electric pump, electromagnetic valves, which open when electricity is applied to them.
- Atomizers. These devices supply liquid to the windshield. They are installed in close proximity to the glass on the bonnet. It is much more efficient to install twin nozzles. In winter, there is a risk that they could freeze. In this regard, you can either heat them up or install special electric heated nozzles.
- Washer fluid. In winter, it is important to fill the tank with special washer fluid that does not freeze. Remember, methyl-containing products are strictly prohibited. It is connected with that vapors of this liquid may cause severe poisoning of organism, getting inside the car. In some cases, it may even lead to complete blindness. The substance may not always be specified on the bottle itself, so you should buy cleaning agents with instructions. You must also remember that the oily windscreen cleanser, not watered down, is much worse, as it is very greasy.
There is a windshield wiper system that has a standard wiper circuit and a glass cleaning system that is connected in parallel. This system has a universal sensor which signals when the vehicle's windscreen is dirty.
And by using phase detection, it eliminates the triggering of the device, which is associated with a gradual change in the degree of contamination of the glass surface. This spares the driver from having to suddenly switch on the cleaning system when driving.
On the contrary, in the event of heavy soiling, the device is triggered instantly. The driver doesn't have to look around to activate it. This greatly reduces the risk of an accident. Such systems greatly increase driving safety in all weathers.
Choosing the windscreen system parts on partecha.com is easy and convenient. If you know the exact model of your car, you can do this by using the search forms to select the manufacturer, model and modification. And if you need any help or want to enquire about certain products, our consultants are always ready to consult you.